The photos. How to choose the right photographer for you, and what to do if you don’t like having your photograph taken.
Many of our clients tell us this is something they worry about, and we can sympathize. Becky hates having her photo taken, and Jon would much rather hide behind a big camera! One of the things that many of our couples tell us is that when they see their wedding photos, the first thing that springs to mind is how they felt when the photo was taken. And that stands out in the pictures. Relaxed, happy bride? Relaxed, happy pictures. So you and your photographer need to collaborate to create the right mood because these are the images that will last a lifetime.
Here are a few things you can think about to help you feel more relaxed and confident:
1. If you’ve followed our articles on how to have a relaxed, fun wedding, you’ll be relaxed and having fun. So far, so good.
2. You’ll look fabulous. Remember those lovely people you’ve asked to do your hair and makeup? They’ll do you proud.
3. You’ve chosen the dress of all dresses, and you’ll look fantastic in it. Still not convinced? Take a look at your groom’s face, the first time he sees you walking down the aisle towards him.
4.You’ll find your fiancé scrubs up pretty well too!
And the second piece of the equation is. TRUST.
If you’re going to relax in front of the camera, you need to trust that your photographer understands you and gets your wedding vision. Otherwise, you can’t let go of the awkwardness, relax into the photo shoot, and trust them to get great shots.
So what do you do?
First, choosing the right photographer is paramount.
5. Choose a professional wedding photographer, so the photos are one less thing to worry about. Wanting to grab the camera from the photographer isn’t a good sign.
6. Choose someone you trust and get along with, and you can relax some more and have fun together.
Next, get to know your photographer and build up a rapport.
7. Make sure your photographer offers a consultation meeting to plan the day. Spend some time in your discussion getting to know them a little better so that you feel comfortable with them. Some of our best photography has come when the relationship with our couple has been less “client-supplier” and more “real friends, one of whom happens to take gorgeous pictures”.
8. Take your photographer for a test drive! Book a pre-wedding shoot with your favorite photographer to make sure you feel comfortable, and to get used to having your photo taken.
9. Do some homework – look through photographers’ portfolios, your friends’ albums, wedding magazines, and decide which shots work for you – and which ones don’t. Tell your photographer during your consultation if you’d love to be photographed with your groom giving you a piggyback along the beach, but that being lifted horizontally by a group of grinning groomsmen just isn’t you. Or the other way round. Give a professional wedding photographer With some inspiration and Watch what they do with it!
Complete Wedding and Event Packages – DJ Entertainment, Photography, and Videography Services.
call my office at 1.812.401.4931, and we can arrange a no-obligation consultation. Pick up the phone and call 1-812-401-4931 today!
DJ/MC/VJ Terry Tunks and his talented team of entertainers have entertained at any thousands of events over the years. Evansville, Indiana,Newburgh, Indiana,Owensboro, KY and all across Southern Indiana and Kentucky. In towns like JASPER,FERDINAND, FRENCH LICK, WEST BADEN, HUNTINGBURG, NEW HARMONY, AND SANTA CLAUS, IN. Based at one time in Louisville, KY As a result of sponsorship of Coca – Cola. SPECTRUM SOUND is just as comfortable entertaining small groups at a casual affair to 18,000 at the THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE DERBY CELEBRATION.
Spectrum Sound Serving as a DJ/MC/VJ, Lighting and Sound Technician, Event Planner Coordinator. Your Facilitator to Ensure, your Special Event, is an Enormous Success! All documents and Articles given by Terry Tunks and Spectrum Sound may not be reproduced in any form, including copying elements design for any personal and commercial use.